Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Little Tender Mercy

Add caption
Just wanted to throw on this darling pic of my Linzie ready for the stake dance the other night.  For several years now I have worried so much about her as she quit dance for a while and fell into bouts of depression.  There were friend issues and self-esteem issues and I worried as her weight seemed to reflect every emotion she was dealing with.  I have walked that fine line with her for a while now between encouraging healthy eating and excercise and basically having her interpret that as me telling her that she is fat.  It didn't help that friends said things and of course siblings just have to get their digs in as she would down a huge bowl of ice cream.  We have discussed balance in life and all of the other things the "experts" recommend to encourage healthy living and yet not obsess about body image.  At the end of the day I don't have any real answers other than the most important thing I have found is encouraging talents and dealing with the emotional issue before the physical one.  Health seems so reflective on the outside of what is happening on the inside.  We are back in dance this year -- for the fun of it and the past few months I have seen a transformation in her as she is on her way to a normal, healthy shape.  Just another reminder that things can and sometimes do work themselves out in the end.

1 comment:

  1. Good work mom! She is such a darling girl and has a truly "angel voice"! So fun to be with you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete